Generate Ezine Revenue With Google Adsense
By Christopher Knight
Print | Bookmark | Subscribe
By now, surely you must have heard about Google's Adsense program. If not, buckle up and hang on for the ride. 2nd tier affiliate programs are on the chopping block. Google's Adsense program delivers immediate results that exceed most 2nd tier and many 1st tier affiliate programs in terms of revenue generation.
So, how do you get started with Google's Adsense Program? Go here: https://www.google.com/adsense/ and sign up today. They will review your application and get back to you with acceptance or rejection.
This is not a revenue generating program for text ads in your email newsletter or discussion list, but rather this program is excellent for specialized content websites and your public email list web archives.
Google's terms and conditions prohibit me from sharing the performance and metrics that our sites generate with their program, but I have some tips and strategies to share that will help you navigate your Adsense Revenue:
- Never click on your own Adsense links. This is theft. Best to set a policy upfront to not allow yourself or any of your staff members or contractors to click on any of your adsense links. You will know if your links are working within 1-2 days after you put them up as Google allows you to monitor your clicks and revenue performance.
- Vertical skyscrapers on the right side of your website produce the best results as a generalization. If in doubt, do A/B testing until you discover which banner size creates the best result.
- Borderless Adsense web banners produce more usually than those with borders. Blend them into your site. Google allows you to customize your Adsense ads, links, borders, and color themes.
- Create Adsense channels so that you can track your results from different sub-sections of your websites.
- Get to know high value keywords and don't be afraid to alter your content a bit to include them. I do not recommend hauling off and building websites for the pure purpose of additional Adsense revenue. Google is smart and they may optimize you right out of their program.
- Time to retire 2nd tier affiliate program links that have not paid you more than $100 USD per quarter. Replace this premium space with Adsense.
- If your site needs a re-design in order to incorporate the Adsense panel into your current ezine or email newsletter archives -- the more pages you have it on, the more revenue opportunity you will have.
Google recently released inside SEC-required financial information due to their intentions to go public soon. One important key distinctions is that Google is paying many Adsense publishers more than they are bringing in AdWords revenue. While this may not last forever; time is of the essence to get started today.
A great resource worth checking out is Audri Lanford's
10 Quick Steps to Making Perfect Google AdSense.
This Ezine-Tip was submitted By Christopher Knight -- Email List Marketing Expert, author and entrepreneur.
Get your weekly dose of Email newsletter publishing, marketing, promotion, management, email-etiquette, email
usability and deliverability tips by joining the free Ezine-Tips newsletter:
Ezine-Tips for May 06, 2004
Additional Ezine-Tips Articles from the Revenue Category: