Re: [epub] hosting services??
From: Eva Almeida <admin@healthandmoneytips.com>

Hi Ray and Cathy,

I just have to comment on this one.  I have been with CIHost since
last October and had no complaints until just recently.  True, they
usually didn't know what needed fixing easily, but I didn't need
customer support that often over the past year.

But I have been very disappointed in their service in December.
My email was bouncing back to all my clients and business
associates, which they did fix.  Then I couldn't FTP to my site
for 5 days, then my whole site was down for 3 days (no
email either!)  What really bothers me is that I never received
an email from them warning me of what was coming and they
always said that it would be fixed by the night that I phoned.

If something like this can happen to a top-rated webhost than
it can happen to all.  I think that it is a good idea to have back-up
email services that you can fall back on.

The reason it was down is that they were transferring all the domains
to a new server, which took them MUCH longer than they had
anticipated.

Happy New Year!

Eva Almeida, Publisher
The Marketing Edge Tip-Zine
http://www.ebooksnbytes.com

At 02:18 PM 12/31/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>From: Cathy Stucker <cstucker@flash.net>
>
>Ray, I'm also with CI Host.  They just told me (at 2:15 p.m. CST) that one
>server is up and the other should be up within about an hour.
>
>Overall, I've been happy with CI Host.  You get lots of bennies for a
>relatively small cost, and it generally has been reliable service.  I know
>of lots of other people who have had major problems (like this one) with
>other services, so I don't think there is anywhere that is "safe".
>

>At 04:47 PM 12/30/1999 -0600, Ray Whiting wrote:
>>From: "Ray Whiting" <rwhiting@bellsouth.net>
>>I use CI Host (www.cihost.com) after disappointments with other
>>services.
>>
>>My hosting service (not just my own server but the main hosting service
>>website) has been down 24 hours, and I just got a bizarre note from a
>>competitor indicating my hosting service is down and soliciting my
>>business switching over to their service.  Makes it sound like the whole
>>world knows the host is down, making it sound like it's not coming back
>>up.
>
>>Is anyone else hosting at CIhost.com, and what does anyone know about
>>the problem or cause?

Independent contractors: Find your next project gig through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money by referring friends.