[epub] Re: control over your list
  • To: epub@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [epub] Re: control over your list
  • From: Bruce Dries <bvdries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:58:50 -0500

From: Bruce Dries <bvdries@vitamindiscount.com>

I use Aureate also, and it does work very well. It does have a couple of glitches, like
sometimes not importing a complete e-mail address, and if the address has an underscore,
or only one character in the pre-@ portion, it won't recognize it as valid. But it gives
you a list of the ones it couldn't import, so you can do it manually. I've got about
7400 subscribers, and only 7 get kicked out with each week's import. But for a free
program, I'm not complaining.

I'm interested that you send out a separate zine for the AOL subscribers. I've never
used AOL, but I understand that they can see a hot link if the HTML is around it. How
many publishers send out an AOL-version of their zine? Those who don't, have you
received any complaints about it?