Re: [epub] Web Theft
From: rdkwg@aol.com

In a message dated 3/14/2000 9:44:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rwhiting@bellsouth.net writes:

<< How do others discover they've been ripped off?  >>

Generally, every 2-3 months, I go into maybe 3 of the major search engines
and do 4 searches.

1) on my name - Ruth D. Kerce
2) on my website name - Addicted-to-Romance
3) on my webserial name - Sleeping Sarah
4) on my ezine name - *Whispers of Love*

I discovered an article this way that was reprinted without my permission.
They'd left my byline, but stripped out my e-mail address and my website
address.

I also discovered what looked like (from the title of the page) one of my
short stories duplicated on another page, but the page had been deleted from
the person's server by the time I found it, so I don't know the details on
that.

This is also a good way to discover who's linking to you.  Having
romance-related content, I've found my site listed inside some "questionable"
sites.  LOL  But haven't complained about it - publicity, you know -- as long
as the sites aren't too offensive, I don't really mind.  It is interesting to
keep a watch out though, just to protect yourself.

Ruth D. Kerce  :-)
http://www.addicted-to-romance.com
Sign up for the *Whispers of Love*
monthly newsletter (3100+ subscribers)