Re: [epub] Digest Number 545
  • To: <epub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [epub] Digest Number 545
  • From: "Bowmans" <bowmans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 05:20:39 -0800

RE: illegal post to my list....

Your list was hacked.  I received a message
like that from 'boogiejack' this morning.  When he
discovered the hack, he immediately sent out a note
to all subscribers on the list informing them that the
site had been hacked and telling us what he plans to
do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The effect of his apology and explanation helped to
lessen the impact of the intrusion.  I, for one, really
appreciated his thoughtfulness.

The hacker apparently is able to over ride the
'moderated'  option so that wouldn't work in this
particular case.

Hope this helps.

Sandra (Sandi) Bowman
The E-Z-Way Journal can help YOU 'Live & Work
the E-Z-Way!T'  .  Tips and resources twice
monthly.  mailto:subscribe@e-z-way.com