From: "Andrew Menkart" <info@marineengine.com>
To: <epub@egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 9:42 PM
Subject: [epub] Sources of content

: Hello,
: I am new to this list and am finding it very helpful so far.  I
am in
: the process of putting together a ezine (plain text) to send to
the list
: of website owners in my directory at my site MarineEngine.com.
: I am trying to detirmine where to gather content.  I am aware
of
: articles that are posted with the intent of free distribution
as long as
: the content and credits remain intact.  My question concerns
"standard"
: articles that have no such offer or intent.  Is it
legal/allowable to
: reprint an article in its entirity from a print magazine if
credit is
: given to the source magazine, author, issue, etc.?  Or would I
have to
: contact the magazine in each case to get permission?
: There is a terrific site called FindArticles.com,
: http://www.findarticles.com/, that has an extensive collection
of
: articles from certain publications. I would be a great resource
for
: content if it is legal to do so.
: Any thoughts?
: Thanks.