Re: [epub] Digest Number 644
  • To: <epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [epub] Digest Number 644
  • From: "Sandra Bowman" <bowmans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:00:59 -0700

Hello, Denise,

The first issue is always the hardest.  Just went through
that with my newest one.

Length:  It varies but generally 4-6 pages on my system is
what I aim for.  That works out to about 10 KB according to
the calculations on Listbot.  You do not want to go over 20
KB because then all your AOL people will receive it as an
attachment.

Best days to publish:  I've seen a couple of studies done on
this.  One said Monday and the other said Tues-Wed-Thurs.
Both agreed Friday was a no-no since everyone is in a hurry
to get going for the weekend on other things.  Personally,
Monday seems a bummer from a business standpoint unless
yours is a joke ezine.  People are too busy getting things
in motion for the week ahead on Mondays.

Hope this helps.

Sandi Bowman
editor@etidepublishing.com

Want fresh articles for your publication/website?  Subscribe
to the eTide Echo and get two fresh, never before published,
articles twice monthly on business and publishing related
topics. eTideEcho-subscribe@listbot.com

March Newsletter Special: Up to two months of

FREE email list hosting service from SparkLIST.com!
SparkLIST can save you the headaches of email list
management and save your pocketbook at the same time!
Call us today at +1 877.772.7563