[epub] RE: Best day of the week
  • To: <epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [epub] RE: Best day of the week
  • From: "Sheila S. Ruth" <sruth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:37:13 -0400

> Have a question about "what is the best day of the week to
> distribute an
> ezine?".  Does anyone have any thoughts, experience,
> knowledge or know any
> organization who has "studied" this?  Or what is your

Hi,
I've been lurking here but couldn't resist jumping in because this is
something that I've thought a lot about. I don't have any hard data, but
have some ideas.

First of all, if you have a web site associated with your ezine, I think
it's important to study your server logs and see when the majority of your
visitors are visiting. This will give you a clue as to the time that most of
them are on the net and would have time to read your ezine. I think it is
different for different sites; for example I get the majority of my visitors
midweek, so I try to send out my newsletters on Wednesday. Other site owners
I have talked to get more visitors on the weekends. I think it depends on
your audience.

I also try to avoid sending out my newsletter on a holiday or the day after
a holiday, even if it means sending it out a day or two late. I personally
find that when I come back after a holiday my inbox is overflowing and my
trigger finger is quicker on the delete key.

Sheila S. Ruth, sruth@cinnamontoast.net
MyCinnamonToast Parenting & Genealogy:
http://www.mycinnamontoast.com/
Get Paid to Shop Find out how free at
http://www.mom-mom.com

March Newsletter Special: Up to two months of

FREE email list hosting service from SparkLIST.com!
SparkLIST can save you the headaches of email list
management and save your pocketbook at the same time!
Call us today at +1 877.772.7563