[epub] co-registration services
Hi all,

Thought Chris Knight's article last week on mass subscriber acquisition
was very timely and interesting (see
http://ezine-tips.com/articles/strategy/20010403.shtml).  It seems that
now is a great time to establish, or take to the next level, an ezine
publication at bargain-basement prices.  Was surprised to see no comment
on the article.  I make some observations below and then hope some of you
might share your experiences.

I am a relative newbie (3 mos.) and have been trying to climb the
learning curve.  I have a little cash to spend and it appears to me that
*high-volume* co-registration services are the way to go for immediate
growth at a reasonable cost with little effort.  After contacting a few
of the largest co-registration companies last week, I've found prices
currently from 20-30 cents per opt-in subscriber and as low as 5 cents
per opt-out.  I also received a quote on double opt-in subscribers for 35
cents each.  So, for just a few thousand dollars, an ezine owner can grow
his/her list by tens of thousands of subscribers within a few weeks.

Does anyone have experience with purchasing co-reg. services from
companies like ZMedia, PermissionDirect, RankYou.com and/or SparkList
that they're willing to share?  Would like to make my decision on factors
other than just price.  Also, how can I ensure that the subscribers I
purchase are the most relevant subscribers to have (suggest to co-reg
company specific partner sites to use, etc.?)?  Any other thoughts on
this topic?

Perry Goldschein

Perry Goldschein, Esq. -  Publisher & Editor
ConsciousPla.net Review
"Your Guide to Life-Enhancing Media"
http://ConsciousPla.net

March Newsletter Special: Up to two months of

FREE email list hosting service from SparkLIST.com!
SparkLIST can save you the headaches of email list
management and save your pocketbook at the same time!
Call us today at +1 877.772.7563