[epub] Big Zine Attitude
Hi all -

Over the past 2 years I've worked really hard at building Homefires
Hearth and I owe a huge thanks to all those zines who were willing to
swap ads with a then teeny new zine.  We're about to hit both our
second anniversary and 6,000 subscribers and I'm amazed at both these
facts and grateful to God for every subscriber and visitor to my site.

Today I was looking for ad swaps for May (still am, so if anyone wants
to swap, write me at hh-editor@home.com).  I wrote one zine listed in
an ad swap publication and their response was basically, "You can pay
for an ad from us, but we don't swap with smaller zines."  This really
irked the dickens out of me.  Even when dealing with smaller zines, I
remember the days when if I swapped with a 1000 subscriber zine I was
pleased as punch and amazed anyone would want to swap with my little
zine.  Even now, I don't insist on a strict tit-for-tat swap and will
offer to run one ad for say 3 ads in a 1,000 sub publication.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this, for the lack of
anything better to call it, *Big Zine Attitude*?     You contact the
owner of a larger publication and they look at you like you're a worm
to be despised?  I just deleted this person's email but the attitude
displayed is knawing at me.

Debbie Adams
http://www.homefireshearth.com
"Being confident in this, that He who began a good work in you
will be faithful to complete it." ~~ Phil 1:6