[epub] Re: Big Zine Attitude
Hi all

Only just joined, but what a great list! Loads of ideas.

In my spare time, I run a science fiction web-magazine (established 1994) with
some friends. I have got 3997 subscribers to the mag's monthly e-mail version
split between Listbot and Topica.

I actually find that I get a higher take-up to my list via Listbot than
Topica.

Both my Topica and Listbot lists get about 300 spam bounce errors a month
as spammers send junk to the subscribe address of my lists, using forged
headers. From my point of view, this is a good reason to keep the lists with
Listbot etc, using the harsh double opt-in method. My site's ISP would kill me
if I got that many bounce backs from idiot spammers who had signed up with
forged addresses.

If anyone wants to do a swap of an advert promoting another list, I'm game. I
don't much care if it's SF related or not, because hey, we all like Trek and
Star Wars, right? Well ... OK ... most of us do.

Next magazine is due to go out May 1st. Do please drop me a line at
if you're interested. I don't care if you've only got
100 subs either - big zine attitude does indeed sucks.

Stephen
http://www.sfcrowsnest.com