RE: [epub] Various Things - List Management & Free Newsletters
  • To: <epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [epub] Various Things - List Management & Free Newsletters
  • From: "James Meeks" <james.meeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:06:16 -0500

Steve,

There are a variety of DRM (Digital Rights Management) solutions which
you can 'wrap' your content in.  Adobe Systems, IBM, InterTrust,
Microsoft, and Preview Systems all have platforms which can address your
needs.
Reciprocal.com is a good resource there.
As for delivery, you have choices there too.  There are a bevy of
'email' and 'list' services.  You may also consider packaged delivery
service if the content will be rich. Sending audio/video in emails is
usually hindered by hotmail and yahoo's file attachment size limits.
(Just to name a couple, most IMAP mail services have these limitations.)
Packaged delivery involved client/server software.  Each subscriber
downloads the 'channel', and then secure, reliable, and politely
persistent deliveries are made directly to the desktop.
This allows delivery of any size file, regardless of browser, or email
client.

James Meeks