Re: [epub] Question about confirmations
At 08:43 AM 4/25/2001 -0500, eBook News wrote:
> > > What should I do? How necessary are confirmations? Have any of you
> > > had trouble with them?
>
>Keep confirming them, it will benefit you in the long run. Sure,
>it will seem as though you are not getting that many
>suscribers. But at least you know the one's that do subscribe
>really do want your ezine. And are more likely to read it for
>years to come.

I agree with that. But I also think that you lose some
subscribers that really do want your ezine by requiring them
to respond to a confirmation email. There are advantages
and disadvantages to both approaches. Requiring confirmations
is obviously the "safer" route.

One thing that helps is to make sure your "thank-you page" (the
page that visitors see after filling out a subscription form on
your site) reminds new subscribers to check their email right
away and respond to the confirmation message.

Cheers,

Brian Alt
New EBook: The Insider Guide to Power Ezine Promotion
http://emailpossibilities.com/cgi-bin/pl/pl.cgi?epd

--------------->  Attention EPUB Members!  <---------------

   Please take a minute to fill out our reader survey. We'd
like to know what your needs are so we can continue to provide
     you with the best possible content and convince our
      advertisers that yes, you do exist :-) Thank you!

----------> http://List-Universe.com/survey.php <----------