Re: [epub] Woman Wins Lawsuit for Receiving Opt-Out Confirmation Message
>Scary stuff:
>
>http://www.dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artprevbot.cgi?article_id=14719
>
>I guess it doesn't pay to put an ad in your opt-out confirmation
>messages any more.

Steve, it sounds as though the reason she objected was not because they
sent a confirmation (with or without an ad) but because some time after she
opted out they sent an email asking her if she wanted to opt in.  In other
words: They asked "Do you want to get mailings from us?"  She said
no.  Days, weeks or months later, they sent an email, in effect saying,
"Are you sure?  Are you really, really sure, that you don't want to get
email from us?"  She said "Damn sure," and filed her lawsuit.

Now, I'll be the first to say that this woman overreacted and should try to
get a life.  But I get so much spam in my email that I don't know which
message will be the one to put me over the edge . . .

Cathy Stucker, The Idea Lady(tm)
Make attracting customers and building your business
easy, inexpensive and fun!
Get a FREE marketing tip, technique or strategy
every week in Bright Ideas!
Subscribe at http://www.IdeaLady.com/bright.htm
Mailto:cathy@idealady.com

Get Brian's EBook: Insider's Guide to Power Ezine Promotion!
Packed with comprehensive ezine promotion info, this brand
new book will help skyrocket the growth of your list.
Straight from Ezine-Tips writer and ezine expert Brian Alt!
Details:<a href=" http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?email4
">AOL click here</a>.
To receive notification of future releases and special deals:
mailto:join-possibilities@emailpossibilities.com