Re: [epub] Caution To All Ezine Publishers/Writer!
Sharon,

You are an exceptional web hosting service. Most of them do not bother to contact their client. This is also true of the
majority of ISPs. As moderator of the e-Crucible list on Topica, executive director of e-Crucible, Inc., a registered not-for-
profit in Arkansas that is concerned with the "hysteria" regarding so-called Spam, for which there is no legal nor
consistent definition, and as a newsletter publisher, I hear a great many horror stories about the treatment of alleged
Spam complaints. Most Internet providers have a knee-jerk reaction to such complaints. You are guilty without any
attempt at an investigation or allowing the accused to defend themselves and are summarily deprived of service. That
usually means someone's business gets shut down.

As far as your relationship with SpamCops, that also is unusual. Most of the incidents I am aware of involving them they
do not cooperate in any fashion with the accused. But, to me, these people are self-appointed vigilantes. They have no
legal standing to do what they do. If I were to organize a group like that in the brick and mortar world to say put an end
to junk mail, the federal authorities would be after me so fast. What gives these people the right to be judge, jury and
executioner? IMHO, they are Spammers in their own right!

John Botscharow
Executive Director
e-Crucible, Inc.
http://freedom-is-not-free.org
mailto:john@3r-mrketing.com

Get Brian's EBook: Insider's Guide to Power Ezine Promotion!
Packed with comprehensive ezine promotion info, this brand
new book will help skyrocket the growth of your list.
Straight from Ezine-Tips writer and ezine expert Brian Alt!
Details:<a href=" http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?email4
">AOL click here</a>.
To receive notification of future releases and special deals:
mailto:join-possibilities@emailpossibilities.com