Re: [epub] In light of the recent discussion
The first part of the bill is acceptable. Requiring legitimate contact information and a REAL opt out address is something
we should all support. However, leaving each ISP to determine its own spam policies is not acceptable. We need a
UNIFORM definition of what Spam is and how Spam complaints will be handled. They need to REQUIRE that ISPs
make sure that any spam complaint is substantiated and that the accused is allowed to defend themselves. Without
those provisions, we at e-Crucible cannot support this legislation.

We also feel that unilateral action by the US or any other country is a silly waste of time. Most of the REAL
spammers use "offshore" accounts already or would as soon as any seriously enforceable legiislation were passed by
the US Congress.

IMHO, this is merely a gimmick to please the folks back home, who have been brainwashed by the big powerful interest
groups involved in this situation.

John Botscharow
Executive Director
e-Crucible. Inc.

Get Brian's EBook: Insider's Guide to Power Ezine Promotion!
Packed with comprehensive ezine promotion info, this brand
new book will help skyrocket the growth of your list.
Straight from Ezine-Tips writer and ezine expert Brian Alt!
Details:<a href=" http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?email4
">AOL click here</a>.
To receive notification of future releases and special deals:
mailto:join-possibilities@emailpossibilities.com