[epub] Re: Re: ezine ads, subscription invitations and spam
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [epub] Re: Re: ezine ads, subscription invitations and spam
  • From: Mydenise@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 13:13:33 EDT

Hi, John and Everyone Else!

I appreciate everyone's input about spam.  As was mentioned by Frank in one
of his earlier posts, us newbies have no clue about Spam Cop tactics, our
rights in false accusations and how to minimize such accusations.  So I
genuinely appreciate everyone's input (and the ability to even have friendly
disagreements  on such a  debated issue).

Thanks, John, for your input about "invitating" people to subscribe to my
ezine who have already accessed articles I have written.  I just want to make
sure I heard correctly your input.  So you feel (and I realize that your
stating an opinion) that if one sends a personal, one on one email with an
invitation to subscribe to your ezine, using your own email address (not
through topica), that you would not consider that spam???  I would love to
leverage the leads I get through publicizing other articles but I also am
getting very "spam  leary" from all this discussion.

Also my second question as a result of your post (to John and anyone else):

How do you select what ads you publish in your ezine (especially if an
exchange)??

When you say you select and publish ads based on their content, could you
elaborate on how you judge if certain ads are candidates for your
publication?

Also you mention ... <<Ususally they are not a problem because of the
professionalism of the services I use. >>  I was not sure what this meant.
Could you clarify?

Last question ... You mentioned <<Execise a great deal of control over who
publishes your content, if you send your articles to other publishers.>>

How do you determine which publishers you allow to publish your articles, or
even which ones you pitch your article to?  Obviously, as a newbie trying to
build my ezine base, right now I thrilled when anyone is wanting to publish
my work.  But I don't want to be naive about this either :)).

Thanks everyone for all your input and support.

Denise

Feeling neglected by your email list hosting company?

High-speed, reliable email list hosting is our ONLY business.
Trust _PC Magazine's_ "Editor's Choice" with your list, and
get up to TWO MONTHS FREE! Call by May 31st for details.
SparkLIST.com Corporation o The Business Email List Experts
Tel: +1 877.772.7563