Re: [epub] HTML Message size
Hi Denise,

At 03:23 PM 5/18/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Lo and behold, the day before I was to send the next issue I had another problem with them.  My newsletter is sent as an html document and was 125K.  I received a notification from them that on the day I was due to post the newsletter, their policy was changing and that the previous maximum size of 650k would change to 100K.

Wow. I'm impressed that you manage to send messages over 100
kilobytes :)

Questions: Are you sending the images as attachments, embedded
files, or having them pulled from the Web? How many articles
or other pieces of content do you have per issue? (I ask these
because my own HTML newsletter and those of most of my clients
hover around 20 kilobytes before the images are loaded. I can't
imagine even coming up with enough info for a 100K message.)

>I solved that one by exporting the email addresses into a text file and once again sending the list via my Outlook Express home email system.  This is not cheap as I pay dearly for local calls, unlike the lucky Canadians and some Americans too I believe.

Where are you located? I would guess somewhere in Europe if you're
paying by the minute for local phone calls. But it sounds like you
might be hinting that you're somewhere in the US and paying dearly
for local calls?

I look forward to your responses.

Cheers,

Brian Alt
http://EmailPossibilities.com/
Comprehensive Email Publishing Solutions
http://EPDigest.com/ - Email Publishing Digest

E-mail Newsletter Tactics * June 14-15th * Reston, VA
Learn how to profit from e-mail newsletters, use them as a
promotional tool to enhance brand awareness and market
your company's services. Speakers include companies such
as e-Dialog, Net Plus Marketing, MAPS, DoubleClick, Lyris,
Folio Magazine and SparkList.com. Sign up TODAY and
SAVE $100. For more information and to register:
http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?intm15