Re: [epub] FW: References for Mailing Lists?
Bob,

> I'm looking to build the subscriber base. Has anyone had any
good/bad experience
> purchasing email lists? Could you recommend any companies you've
> bought lists from in the past that didn't charge an arm and a leg, i.e.
$65
> per thousand emails.

First, I'd suggest you read the Ezine-Tips promotion archives -- they're
very worthwhile.

Having said that, co-registration appears the most cost-effective way of
obtaining subscribers.  This type of marketing is described in the
archives and easily found by title.  Essentially you develop a two or
three sentence offer for your newsletter that gets placed on one or more
established, high-volume Web sites.  E-mails you receive are thus
actually those of people who are subscribing to your newsletter, not just
leads -- a HUGE difference!

If you want many dozens or hundreds of new subscribers per day, try
Permission Direct, ZMedia or some other high-volume broker.  If you wish
fewer subscribers daily, try Worldwidelists or another similar co-reg
company.  Either way, you should pay between $0.15 to $0.25 per
subscriber if you are looking only for e-mail addresses and names (more
personal data cost more, of course).

Perry Goldschein -  Publisher & Editor
ConsciousPla.net Review
"Your Guide to Life-Enhancing Media"
http://ConsciousPla.net

E-mail Newsletter Tactics * June 14-15th * Reston, VA
Learn how to profit from e-mail newsletters, use them as a
promotional tool to enhance brand awareness and market
your company's services. Speakers include companies such
as e-Dialog, Net Plus Marketing, MAPS, DoubleClick, Lyris,
Folio Magazine and SparkList.com. Sign up TODAY and
SAVE $100. For more information and to register:
http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?intm15