Re: [epub] HTML Message size
Dear Brian (Alt)

          Re: Questions: Are you sending the images as attachments
          , embedded files, or having them pulled from the Web?

I send them as embedded files so that they are immediately part of the
newsletter. If you pay for local calls and work offline mainly, going
online when you have to, it is extremely annoying to have newsletters that
constantly try to get you online before you can read them.

          How many articles or other pieces of content do you have per
          issue? (I ask these because my own HTML newsletter and those
          of most of my clients hover around 20 kilobytes before the
          images are loaded. I can't imagine even coming up with enough
          info for a 100K message.)

A web copy of the newsletter is available at
http://webtips.netfirms.com/course_newsletter.htm
Perhaps I should be doing something differently.

            Where are you located? I would guess somewhere in Europe
            if you're paying by the minute for local phone calls. But it
            sounds like you might be hinting that you're somewhere in the
            US and paying dearly for local calls?

I'm in South Africa. I lived in Canada for a few months and was amazed and
delighted to find that local calls were free. I suspected they would be in
the States too, but wasn't sure.
Lucky people. I spend a fortune!

Denese Sinclair
http://WebTips.netfirms.com
Free Online Courses, Tools and Tips

E-mail Newsletter Tactics * June 14-15th * Reston, VA
Learn how to profit from e-mail newsletters, use them as a
promotional tool to enhance brand awareness and market
your company's services. Speakers include companies such
as e-Dialog, Net Plus Marketing, MAPS, DoubleClick, Lyris,
Folio Magazine and SparkList.com. Sign up TODAY and
SAVE $100. For more information and to register:
http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?intm15