Re: [epub] Purchasing Lists
I worked for an online-only publsher of highly
technical magazines. We realized early on-probably earlier than anyone
else-that our lists, and the growth of our lists was valuable. We had an
opt-out policy. Most people wanted to be contacted with additional offers
and deals, even from outside vendors. We had magazines that lived, then
died, but the list remained incredibly strong. We managed to use those lists
for years after the pubs were dead and gone. Response was high enough, and
the audience valuable enough, that they succeeded. We did not let vendors
such as a major credit card company advertise, because the content/purpose
was not relevant to our audience-ardent tech heads. So-it depends.

terrehon

E-mail Newsletter Tactics * June 14-15th * Reston, VA
Learn how to profit from e-mail newsletters, use them as a
promotional tool to enhance brand awareness and market
your company's services. Speakers include companies such
as e-Dialog, Net Plus Marketing, MAPS, DoubleClick, Lyris,
Folio Magazine and SparkList.com. Sign up TODAY and
SAVE $100. For more information and to register:
http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?intm15