[epub] Re: Spammers Subbing
Hi Debbie!

Yes, that happened to me too - as soon as I started listing my newsletter
in directories, I started getting those spam messages. I wonder if it would
decrease reader participation to send all inquiries except join requests to
a freemail mailbox, like a Yahoo or Hotmail box. I'd have to sort through
them manually, but it would at least quarantine the spam.

What does anybody else think? At Ezine-Tips, our motto always is to be make
it as easy as possible to subscribe - but then you're helping out the
spammers or spambots that troll the Web looking for addresses.

When I filter my List-Universe.com mail, I adjust the filter list (I use
Eudora Pro) so that the submit and feedback addresses are always at the
bottom in order to intercept the spam before it can get to those mailboxes.
It's a little time-sucking, though.

Janet Roberts
http://Ezine-Tips.com/
http://foodwords.blogspot.com/

At 09:52 AM 3/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all -
>
>Here's a question for you.  Do any of you have problems with spammers
>subscribing to your publication and then sending the same blasted emails
>to every single addy you have listed in your welcome letter and/or zine?

EPUB archives: http://Ezine-Universe.com/archives/

-----
---------> March Opt-Influence Co-Registration Special <---------

All orders over 10,000 receive 1,000 free additional subscribers!

                 1.877.547.8864 / 1.920.490.8553

----------> http://opt-influence.com/c/pl.cgi?marpps1 <----------

Post:                                 mailto:epub@list-universe.com
To Join:                         mailto:join-epub@list-universe.com