[epub] RE: Autoresponders as a list hosting solution?
Dante,

I use and recommend aweber (www.aweber.com).

I've tried getresponse.com - but their free service includes ads (not bad if
you can live with that since all free services do that) but my test message
and a live messages took over 36 hours to be sent, totally unacceptable time
frame. In contrast my test messages from aweber have never taken more than 5
minuets and production runs (my list is about 3,000) has never taken more
than 3 hours (I'm a sub too just to make sure I get the message).

I was using proautoresponder too for some of my other lists, but they had a
massive outage a few weeks ago, and while their communication was excellent,
and I feel for their attack, but I'm still leaving. I'm a data center
manager and no way would it take me over a week to recover any of my 120+
customers, 12 hours tops - and that's building an entire new server from
scratch in the middle of the night when I have limited staff. now if there
we're no tape or other backups it would take time - but what professional
service provider doesn't do backups? If I did not have backups of my lists
and messages and a copy of worldmerge on my home system I'd have been down
for several days.

I'm sticking with aweber...

--Jack

Jack Tackett, Jr.