[epub] Re: e-mail piracy
The problem is a virus -- not necessarily on your computer, but on
others, which are sending out messages in some cases using your email
address in the "from" line.

You can read about what's going on at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html#technicaldetails

Chuck Woodbury

>In the last several days I've gotten three
>notices from the "postmaster" stating that
>e-mails I've sent can't be delivered. The problem
>is, the original e-mail that is attached to this
>message has a virus (according to Norton) and the
>address to which the e-mail was supposedly sent
>is not anyone I've sent messages to. My
>newsletter only goes out once a month, and it's a
>small list (218 members) so I can easily check.
>
>Has anyone else gotten these messages? I see two
>possibilities - a person is sending bogus
>"postmaster" messages in order to infect
>computers with the virus when we get curious and
>open the message we supposedly sent. Or - someone
>is using my e-mail address to send bogus (and
>virus laden) e-mails. The first possibility does
>not bother me overly much, since I get
>attachments with viruses at least 10 times a day.
>Just part of the new world, I guess. The second
>possibility is very scary. I'm not technically
>savvy enought to know if this is possible, and if
>it is, how to protect myself from it. I'd hate to
>get bumped from my server because of something
>like this.
>
>Any suggestions?
>Jonni

    Receive 5000 subscribers for free with any purchase of

           50,000 or more! Offer good until 5/31/02.

----------- http://Opt-Influence.com/c/pl.cgi?ppsapr1  -----------

       EPUB archives: http://Ezine-Universe.com/archives/

Post:                                 mailto:epub@list-universe.com
To Join:                         mailto:join-epub@list-universe.com