[epub] Re: Newsletter Open-rate tracking

>And while we are on this subject, we'd love to hear from any of you
>who care to give your educated guess on what the national or global
>open rate average might be and would that number be similar for the
>smaller subscriber based publications as well as the larger ones?

You're not looking at an "open rate" at all, here. That's a misnomer. What
you're looking at is a "web bug rate," the percentage of people who use HTML
email clients susceptible to web bugs and who either had the ezine in a
preview pane and/or actually opened it.

Hopefully most publishers on this list are able to re-educate advertisers
who mistakenly think web bugs can be an accurate indicater of the percentage
of a mailing being opened.

R.

    Receive 5000 subscribers for free with any purchase of

           50,000 or more! Offer good until 5/31/02.

----------- http://Opt-Influence.com/c/pl.cgi?ppsapr1  -----------

       EPUB archives: http://Ezine-Universe.com/archives/

Post:                                 mailto:epub@list-universe.com
To Join:                         mailto:join-epub@list-universe.com