[epub] Re: question about RemoveCentral.com
Hi Janet.

On the surface, these folks look pretty shady to me.  Just by virtue of the
lack of complete contact information, they seem suspect.  I'd also be
interested in knowing how their customers know that they do what they say
they are doing.  As far as I can tell, they offer no guarantees or customer
assurances.

On top of that, if they are sending unsolicited email to opt-in newsletter
publishers (who almost always include opt-out information in their
publications), claiming to represent some unwilling subscribers, it sounds
to me like a form of marketing their own services that is rather akin to
the old protection money mom and pop stores used to have to pay in certain
neighborhoods in Brooklyn.

Publishers are not bulk e-mail marketers, and these people ought to know
better.  They smell pretty fishy to me, just on a cursory glance.  There
is, by the way, an August Communications in Canada, but they do not appear
to be affiliated with these RemoveCentral people.

If I find out anything more from a bit of discreet digging, I'll post it here.

Cheers!
Dawn

Wahmpreneur
http://www.wahmpreneur.com
Business news for people who work where they live

At 11:52 AM 5/6/02, you wrote:
>Good morning epubbers!
>
>I'm looking for a couple good sleuths. Got a query from an Ezine-Tips
>reader about a series of questionable mailings from a list cleaner called
>RemoveCentral.com , which according to its whois listing is based in Los
>Angeles.

    Receive 5000 subscribers for free with any purchase of

           50,000 or more! Offer good until 5/31/02.

----------- http://Opt-Influence.com/c/pl.cgi?ppsapr1  -----------

       EPUB archives: http://Ezine-Universe.com/archives/

Post:                                 mailto:epub@list-universe.com
To Join:                         mailto:join-epub@list-universe.com