[epub] Re: Questions re blogs
Jill E. Vaile, Photojournalist, asked:

Curious:

* If you blog, what program/blog site is your preferred one?

Blogger.com,

* Why?

because it is free and I have spent time/money on my web site instead. Blogger has done all the thinking/planning for me (I can do the HTML)

* WHEN you blog, are you hooked into other blogs with similar
interests/focus?

Nope

* Does your blog have any effect (positive or negative) on your web site (if you have one)?

My blog is NORTH OF THE LATTE LINE, http://northline.blogspot.com My web site is THE WRITE STUFF, http://www.the-write-stuff.com.au

They refer to each other; they do different things but they are related. I consider that a positive, and I think the web site feels complete now. Here in our State, (Tasmania) people are starting to know to look at North of the Latte Line for poetry news and a variety of other literary news; whereas the web site is strictly focused on its own themes, eg. Showcase of Tasmanian Poetry. If one of the poets in the showcase is in the news, then the blog mentions that, and refers people to the showcase page for background info about the poet.

* Will blogs replace the site in the future?

NOPE> for the reasons above; they do different things.

Incidentally and importantly: I deliberately choose to use a blog instead of an email list in order to get my news to my literary friends/journals/etc.

Cheers
Anne Kellas
(writer/poet)

(workinglife name = Anne Hugo)