[epub] Re: Virus problems - how they affect the publisher
I have my virus up to date and my Norton goes off every day

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeantheau, Mark" <MJeantheau@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 9:45 AM
Subject: [epub] Re: Virus problems - how they affect the publisher

Understand that it's probably not your system sending the message.

Here's the scenario: Someone's PC gets infected with the virus. The
virus finds a message from you in the person's inbox. It grabs your
return address off the message and then uses it's own internal email
software to send a message out to someone else as if it came from you.
Your computer would not be involved at all in this scenario, but the
message does indeed appear to have come from you.

The really bad news: There's really no way to stop this sort of thing
when it's associated with a virus---just about any (unprotected) PC
could serve as a host, and there is no spammer to go after. Until people
start getting their virus protection up to date, we will have to endure.

Please support our new sponsor: MarketingWords.com
            I Can't TELL You How To Do It ...

  But I can SHOW you. I'm Karon Thackston, and I can show you
    how to find your perfect audience, discover their needs,
       give them what they want and produce an amazingly
     successful ezine. Over 80 resources, 70 free places to
       promote your ezine, 2 professionally designed HTML
            templates & free bonuses are included.

        Get serious about your ezine, starting today!
           http://opt-influence.com/nl/pl.cgi?mw