[epub] Re: Event on 30th October - The Future of Digital Publishing
Just a couple of replies to people on and off list.

Summary of the event:

Yes I will be producing notes and I will post them here in the group.

Web camming:

Can't get the venue hooked up is the main reason, but there is a secondary one. I've found web cam participants **very** distracting for people in the room to the point of breaking down the networking. As my focus is people in meatspace I'll stick to people in meatspace!

Location:

Only to those who register I'm afraid. I ran one of these networking events a couple of years ago on a regular basis. The first time I put the venue out in the public domain I got a bunch of sales people raiding the place, literally flying around handing out business cards that annoyed **everyone**, followed by a would-be "Girl Band" trying to promote themselves.

Oh, and London because that's where I live!!!!

Fee:

Why do I do it without charging? First, because the wine bar makes a lot of money from these evening events, so they don't charge me. Second, because I'm a really nice bloke. But third is because (let's face it) it is good PR. However, I run these things from the point of view of people trying to network and learn, not be sold to.

See a few of you there.

Ross ;-))

--
Ross Hall,
Information and Knowledge Management Consultant

+44 (0)20 8902 0618
28 Dalmeny Close, Wembley, HA0 2EU, United Kingdom
http://www.rosshall.co.uk

Please support our sponsor: EmailUniverse.com ----------------------------------------------------------------- --> Get the Best Minds in the Business for under $1000! <--