[epub] laws for e-marketing&target area questions (worldwide)
Hello,

As I'm working on a project where I am including information about laws that will affect us who deal with electronic marketing I now wonder the following;

###

The state of California just enforced a law when it comes to handle spammers; What are the general rules of this law - i.e. what base does it stand upon, what are the penalty scales?

What is allowed and whats is not? It is "opt-in" that goes, right? How does one as a marketer / publisher "prove" that one did not send un-solicited emails i.e. spam?

Where-in lays the burden of proof? (Probably at the one sending out the information, right?!)

Is there federal law when it comes to battling un-solicited emails (to protect to the end-consumer)

What about the state of Florida? It's world-known to be a home for spam, how is their spamming laws built up? Are there any at all? (and are they being inforced if so?)

If there are a federal law when it comes to un-solicited emails, can any state over-ride this by their own? (the last question is coming from a non-american being curious)

###

The second part of this email goes about the same questions as the above, though when it comes to the EU?

###

How about the asian market? There is a lot of spam coming from these places, and not only by smtp-servers set to "open-relay".

How does the laws differ within the indidvual countries?

Second part of the "Asian-block";
What countries could be targeted as a potential market for information services? (for the above my theories are for english speaking information; Singapore, Japan and South Korea, and for local languages China, Taiwan and Malaysia.

---------

This was everything for now, I'll return with more inquiries and thoughts.

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward for your replies. :-)

/ H

Please support our sponsor: EmailUniverse.com ----------------------------------------------------------------- --> Get the Best Minds in the Business for under $1000! <--