[epub] RE: Spam law aftermath?
<< From: Jennifer Tripp ....
As it stands right now it looks like the Can Spam Act of 2003 will be
passed next week. If that is the case and the President signs it
shortly after it will take effect on January 1, 2004. Since it is a
Federal law it will override the California Law. >>

Do you know for a fact that CAN-SPAM will override the California law?
Many federal laws allow states to pass stricter statutes, and CA is
particularly well known for doing so (for instance, on vehicle emissions
standards). I'm not saying you're wrong---I really have no idea (but
would like to know!)---I just want to make sure we aren't making an
assumption that all federal laws override all state laws...

Mark

GrinningPlanet.com
Saving the planet one joke at a time.

         Please support our sponsor: EmailUniverse.com