[epub] RE: Trade mark violation?

Hi Dianne

Have you tried searching for “S.R. Hayden” on Google?

Nothing comes up with that name!

You are also probably right in saying that the term is far too general.

Further, has Kendall Summerhawk herself changed the name of her ezine/newsletter?

(I don’t think so).

My take is that this is some spammer / con-person trying on a new stunt:

The giveaway is “Trade Mark / Service Mark Enforcement Department”

Yeah! Right! How many midsize/large companies have that?

Only the majors – Coke / Xerox / IBM / HP / MacDonalds and such - have that luxury.

Or maybe the person is under the delusion that putting the term on their literature / website

constitutes trademark registration. (The confusion sometimes arises from the fact that any “WORK” you publish is automatically considered to be a copyright work by the particular author – the same privilege does not automatically extend to someone who uses a common phrase).

I am not a trademark/IP expert or lawyer, by any means, but have been in business (on the pointy end) with major organisations to know (just common sense) that this person is probably blowing smoke.

Hope this helps

Every Success!

Harry Neelam