[epub] Privacy Language
Hello EPubbers:

A short while ago we were discussing alternatives to "We will never rent or
sell your email address" because we wanted to be honest and convey trust. In
truth, most of us would sell the email addresses if we sell our businesses.
So a different statement might be warranted.

Mark Victor Hansen's site includes the language that I plan to use from now
on. It says, "I ask only for your name and e-mail address, and give you my
solemn promise that this information remains only within my company."

When he says "this information remains only within my company," he covers
his bases because if the company is sold, the email addresses go to the new
owner.

What do you think?

To your success,
Lois Carter Fay, APR
Marketing Strategist, MarketingIdeaShop.com
Publisher, "MarketingIdeaShop BRAINY Tidbits" Weekly Ezine
Brainy ideas & resources for marketers & small businesses
411 Rainier Road, Massanutten, VA  22840  USA
540.289.3840 or 800.203.8660
http://www.marketingideashop.com
mailto:lcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subscribe to Brainy Tidbits and you'll receive "67 Ways to Promote Your
Business" free by return email. Go to http://www.marketingideashop.com to
sign up.