[epub] Re: Whitelisters?
At 07:16 AM 9/16/2004, you wrote:
2) An EPUB member told me that it was possible to whitelist this list, but I've never heard of such a thing considering that the person would really just have to subscribe with a non challenge-response email address. Is there really a way to whitelist an email discussion list from a member viewpoint?

This depends entirely on how the challenge-response system is set up. If you can search for specific fields in the headers, then you can filter on either "[epub]" in the subject line, or the address epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx appearing anywhere in the headers.

Personally, it's rather a headache, so I don't bother to go through the challenge-response system. I'd prefer to run automated spam filtering and check the junk bin every couple days than inconvenience my customers with such things. Unfortunately, many businesses haven't caught on yet.

Regards,

--
Jay Chandler
USA Connect, LLC