[epub] Re: Growing Your Email List(s)
At 12:30 PM 12/20/04, you wrote:
        "As you reflect on 2004, which single strategy
        has helped you grow your new email subscriptions
        better than any other single strategy?"

For me, this one is a no-brainer.

A couple of months ago, I published a free white paper in my subject area, and asked people who downloaded it to provide name and email address, and asked if they wanted to be notified of future white papers and special reports and if they wanted to sign up for my free newsletter.

In the space of less than a month, I had a new notification list with about 100 subscribers (including some academic heavy-hitters, which may serve to enhance my professional standing) and had increased my list of free subscribers by about 35%. I even picked up several new paying subscribers (which are much harder to come by) and a number of prospective speaking gigs have come my way.

Makes me wonder why I didn't do this a long time ago! Definitely the most successful move I've made during 2004 to grow my list and my revenue base.

Cheers ... and Happy Holidays!
Dawn

Dawn Rivers Baker Editor/Publisher

The MicroEnterprise Journal
http://www.microenterprisejournal.com
Where the nation's business meets microbusiness.
P.O. Box 41
Sidney, NY 13838
607-428-0521

To Post: mailto:epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx