[epub] RE: request for willing interviewees for an article on ezine editing
  • To: Epub Discussion Group <epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [epub] RE: request for willing interviewees for an article on ezine editing
  • From: Erin Mcmullan <crimescenemagazine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:42:36 -0600

Thanks Lois! I'd love to hear more about your ezines. Please find my
questions included below and since you publish three ezines, maybe you could
also make some comparisons between them and comment on the different things
you've learned from each. I really appreciate your help,

Erin

Erin McMullan, Editor
crimescenemagazine
c/o Fresh Horses
83 First Ave.
Toronto, ON
M4M 1W9
(416) 466-1178

Contact us at:
crimescenemagazine@xxxxxxxxxxxx

INTERVIEW: ³Why Choose an Ezine?²

Can you provide a brief description of what your ezine is about?

What inspired you to publish an ezine?

Why did you choose this form: ezine/webzine rather than traditional
newsletter and what advantages does it offer?

Does it supplement a print version and if so, how does the response/results
differ?

Do you have any experience editing a traditional newsletter and if so, how
does it differ in terms of production and delivery as well as cost?

In brief, what are the technical aspects unique to this form and what skills
did you need or have to learn in order to produce an effective ezine?

How did you establish your ezine¹s personality?

How do you shape content?

How do you solicit writers? And what benefits does it offer them in terms of
reader exposure and/or promotion for their own businesses, if applicable?

How do you think your relationship with your reader differs from that of
traditional print?

Do you use it as a sales tool for other services and if so, can you talk
about some of the successes?

Are there reasons why advertisers or sponsors, if you include them, prefer
it to traditional print?

What have you learned from editing the ezine? If you had it to do all over
would you take the same approach? What worked? What changes would you make?
How has your ezine evolved?

Is there any particular aspect of editing a ezine/webzine you want to
comment on? That surprised you or you really enjoyed?

Thank you for all your help. I¹ll be happy to send you a copy of the article
once it¹s e-published and please include all your contact information so I
can try to send some traffic your way,

Erin

To Post:    mailto:epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archives:   http://EmailUniverse.com/epub/