[epub] Re: Questions About RSS
At 01:22 PM 4/5/2005, Lewis wrote:
Does having an RSS feed help your search engine indexing?

I had heard that RPC pinging Yahoo might help. All that it did was significantly improve the Inktomi bot visits but it didn't improve the amount of traffic coming from Yahoo.

In fact, Inktomi's Slurp bot came and downloaded over 2.5 gig of our sites last month making it the top SE bot slurper, yet Yahoo ranks as the 6th highest referer to our sites.

What am I missing here?

I thought we played by all of the rules perfectly as we only sent out the RPC ping to Yahoo when we added a new page of content (unlike folks who abuse the RPC protocols by sending non new pages of content to them).

To Your Email Newsletter Success, Christopher Knight, Publisher http://EmailUniverse.com/ezine-tips/ http://EzineArticles.com/