[epub] Re: HTML emails code: CSS or font calls?
  • To: Epub Discussion Group <epub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [epub] Re: HTML emails code: CSS or font calls?
  • From: Will Bontrager <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:26:13 -0500

I use a call to an external CSS file.

But I also make sure the format degrades nicely, or at least not in a mess, if the email client doesn't retrieve the CSS file.

Will

Christopher Knight wrote:
Question for EPUB'rs:

Do you:

A) Use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) for your HTML email/ezine templates

or

B) Do you use font calls to get the formatting that you desire?

Lately, I've taken some heat for using CSS for my HTML ezine templates due to bloating of code, but adding a pile of font calls seems to add about the same amount of total bloat, not to mention a whole bunch more work. I have not updated my html ezine templates in over a year, and was just reviewing them as a whole today to decide what kinds of changes I should make. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

To Your Email Newsletter & Article Marketing Success! Christopher Knight, Publisher http://EmailUniverse.com/ezine-tips/ http://EzineArticles.com/