[epub] RE: What is the best policy? What's your policy?
Many speakers come from an offline DR mindset. Which says, they bought
something, therefore that's consent for follow up solicitation. While they
get away with it offline the Net has a different dynamic and, now, stricter
laws. Always getting written (or IP address) consent to be added to a list
is best policy.

I know Agora Publishing (a DR mindset company) routinely adds me to any new
e-zine they publish just because I signed up for an e-zine 4 years ago.
Clear violation of my intent and patience. At some point in time they'll
feel the backlash and sales will suffer.

Dale Davis

"Triple Opt-in Response"
http://www.InstantAttention.com/