How To Make Money With Your Newsletter Part 5 of 10
By Christopher Knight
Print | Bookmark | Subscribe
Welcome to part 5 of a 10 part series on how to make money with your list.
Today's Tip: Selling Advertisements In Your Email Newsletter
Let's focus today on announcement lists, email newsletters, and ezine advertising.
Here are my top 7 strategies to help get your ad sales off the ground!
- Create a sponsors list that you send a monthly update on the performance,demographics, site traffic, ad specials & rate information, and new sites within your project or new sponsorship opportunities for advertisers.
- Package it. Create 3 or 4 specials. Bundle exposure paks for your list, so that it's easy for an advertiser to CHOOSE which plan looks best for them. This will save you and them a tremendous amount of time.
- Take it seriously. Create a special phone number ($14 a month) and email address JUST for advertising sales inquiries. Also create a media kit link on your website, that explains the advertising opportunity to potential advertisers, and gives them a contact-us or sign-up form.
- Respond to advertiser requests within 24 hours or 1 business day, so that you can get off on the right foot with your future potential ad revenue stream.
- Print custom envelopes with your list logo/name brand, and offer to send full page flyers to any advertiser that wants more info via snail mail or fax. Remember the law of 29: It takes 29 impressions of your advertising offer, before they will take action.
- When your ad revenue goes over $10K a month, hire a dedicated full time sales rep and train them along side of your selling with the goal of doubling your efforts, and so on...
- Target potential advertisers. Send them snail mail. Follow up with a phone call or Email hello. Setup at least 4 times a year, where you send out many hundreds or thousands of targeted advertising offers to your potential ad clients. Use postcards to keep costs down.
This Ezine-Tip was submitted By Christopher Knight -- Email List Marketing Expert, author and entrepreneur.
Get your weekly dose of Email newsletter publishing, marketing, promotion, management, email-etiquette, email
usability and deliverability tips by joining the free Ezine-Tips newsletter:
Ezine-Tips for September 16, 1998
Additional Ezine-Tips Articles from the Revenue Category: