What A Newsletter Can Do For Your Business
By Claire Cunningham
Print | Bookmark | Subscribe
Newsletters are often thought of as easy, do-it-yourself communications projects. The reality is different…and that can be discouraging.
Developing a good newsletter concept can be difficult and time-consuming. It takes market intelligence -- and maybe research -- to find out what people will read. Then it takes careful planning, discipline and skill to crank out something worthwhile on a schedule.
Why bother? Because the rewards are there for those who enter the newsletter game.
- Build loyalty: Send out a regular newsletter to your customers to build loyalty. Better informed customers are better customers.
- Educate: A regular newsletter can educate distributors, sales reps, or even prospects.
- Boost credibility: Publishing a newsletter is a way to send out great information with your name on it.
- Stay in touch: Advertising not in your budget? Exhausted your public relations options? A newsletter can keep your name in front of a small, well-defined audience.
- Repeat your message: Repetition is an important facet of a successful communications program. A newsletter is another way to deliver your message.
- Control. Control. Control: Audience. Message. Timing. You control it all with a newsletter.
- Cost efficiency: Send out an electronic newsletter, and you can save on time, printing and postage. Plus you can use it as content on your web site.
Claire Cunningham, president of Clairvoyant Communications, Inc., has 20+ years’ experience developing and implementing successful business-to-business marketing and communications programs. Sign up for Claire’s monthly newsletter, Communique, at www.clairvoyantcommunications.com Claire can be reached at 763-479-3499 or e-mail to email@example.com
Ezine-Tips for July 19, 2004
Additional Ezine-Tips Articles from the Strategy Category: